India  |  Family Law

Matrimonial Laws

I am a Hindu male 31 and got married to a Hindu girl 27 in Apr'07(marriage registered). Everything went fine for a few months. Off late she has picked up quarrel with me for petty things and is staying away from me. Infact the marriage was not consummated as she unilaterally postponed it(I am medically perfect). Now that I am in Singapore, she is refusing to join me and is asking for a separation. Her charges have been dismissed as baseless by her relatives and her lawyer.

She is defiant and refuses to join me. We have proof to show that we have not taken any dowry and she has been treated very properly(which she herself accepted). I am in deep love with her and I dont want to give divorce. We also came to know that she is very short tempered after marriage. She has stopped talking to me and her parents are supporting her as she threatens to commit suicide. Now she is remaining silent as she wants one year waiting period to get over for her to approach the court. I am devasted and inspite of all my efforts she is not joining me. I want to know as how I can avoid giving divorce to her. She is contemplating divorce by Mutual consent which I am not ready to give. What are the options before me? How long can i refuse divorce?