India  |  Federal Tort Claims

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/26/08, 12:29 pm

Court Fee in malicious prosecutin

i had filed a malicious prosecution case against a state elect board in lieu of a criminal case won by me for damages of rs 25 lakhs and the court fee paid by me was rs 1000 the case was addmitted and the ws was submitted but the defendent never entered the witness box nor the evidence cross examined by the defendents and the case posted for ex parte argument now my contentin is i have to pay court fee on rs 25 lakhs... as it is not a recovery suit but a compensatory damages claim and/or can iadjust the court fee after the damages are ascertained kindly help me with sc citations it advisable to present awritten argument .

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search