Indiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/03/13, 12:18 pm

My husband has left our house and wants a divorce. If he files for divorce can he put me out of house? There are no children, no abuse and our house is paid for. I'm on disabilty and he works.

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/03/13, 12:47 pm by Jay Rigdon

Either of you can always ask for the other to be required to move out, but he can't do it without you having an opportunity to argue your position in front of a judge. Clearly your issues require you to sit down with an attorney, and if you can not afford one, contact legal services in your community.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Rockhill Pinnick LLP 105 East Main Warsaw, IN 46580

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search