Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

My husband and I currently relocated to Arizona from Indiana. We have had no visitation or being able to speak to the child in the past. However, the mother is upset we had to move so far away and has cut off all communication by phone. She has went as far as to say things to the child "well if your dad loved you he would have not moved so far away". My husband had to move for job relocation the mother and courts were notified by certified mail. What should we do? We both wan to maintain as much visitation as possible we even offered to take on all expense for the travel.

Asked on 11/14/13, 8:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You did not indicate whether you complied with the Relocation Statute. it is very specific regarding what needs to be included. Assuming that you did comply, and provided a parenting plan, the plan should apply regarding visitation, phone calls, etc. You may need to hire counsel to seek a contempt against the mom. If you did not comply, you will still need to hire counsel.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/13, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now