Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

My husband and I currently relocated to Arizona from Indiana. We have had no visitation or being able to speak to the child in the past. However, the mother is upset we had to move so far away and has cut off all communication by phone. She has went as far as to say things to the child "well if your dad loved you he would have not moved so far away". My husband had to move for job relocation the mother and courts were notified by certified mail. What should we do? We both wan to maintain as much visitation as possible we even offered to take on all expense for the travel.

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You did not indicate whether you complied with the Relocation Statute. it is very specific regarding what needs to be included. Assuming that you did comply, and provided a parenting plan, the plan should apply regarding visitation, phone calls, etc. You may need to hire counsel to seek a contempt against the mom. If you did not comply, you will still need to hire counsel.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana