Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Make-up time

The non-custodial parent recently cancelled his weekend for parenting time. He first stated it was due to him having to go out of town for making plans for his brother's wedding. Then he stated if you must know the truth I'm going to a cubs game. A couple of weeks later he starts badgering me about make-up time. I told him no he cancelled his scheduled time for a social event. So then he stated he never went to the game. It was because of the wedding plans he cancelled. Are wedding plans for his brother acceptable to cancel. He had told me his brother was getting married in mexico why would you make plans in Chicago. He's now threatning me with court. I'm afraid he will lie. I also have these conversations recorded.

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Make-up time

He is entitled to makeup time. If this occurrence was out-of-the-ordinary, you should provide him with the makeup time as he has requested it promptly.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana