Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

One weekend recently I was at my university walking through campus, was ill, and vomited. To make a long story short campus security witnessed this and assumed I was intoxicated, which I was not, and they called and ambulance. When the ambulance arrived I clearly stated that I did not want their service and had not been drinking but was eventually coerced by threats from the ambulance staff of calling police or my parents (despite the fact that I am a legal adult), and the claimed they had the authority to make me go regardless, so I broke down and went with them. They never checked my blood-alcohol content by any means or gave me any services whatsoever. I was in the emergency room for less than 30 minutes and then released. I do not intend on paying the exorbitant ambulance and ER fees when the arrive in the mail. My personal liberty was unlawfully violated. Do I have a case for false imprisonment?

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

No

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana