Indiana  |  Wills and Trusts

I have a problem, my Grandmother, who raised me, died in 1982. Sometime later I found out from my sister that my Grandmother had made me beneficiary of her life insurance policy. My uncle had been made executor of her estate. I think that he and my aunt must have taken the money that was meant for me, I think my sister thinks so as well, because she waited so long to tell me about the policy. My sister knows that I feel that our uncle and aunt took more than Grandmother wanted them to have, and that if I could prove that they had taken the money from the policy, I would have called the police on them. I do know that my aunt opened all the mail that came to the house, she yelled at me when I opened my own letters. After that they all ways came when I was at work or out and took the mail, before I had a chance to see it.

What I would like to know is that how I would go about confirming what my sister told me. That way if they did take the money that was meant for me I will know it, if not I can collect it myself. If my uncle did take the money, I am not sure what to do. I will let him know that I know he stole from me, but he is in his 80s and I do not want to get the police involved but I do believe he should return what he had no rights to. Does anyone have any advice?