Legal Question in Consumer Law in Iowa

I bought a used car that they said it had a brand new clutch. After a month the clutch went out. I towed the car to them and they said I broke it so they wouldn't fix it. I had to pay to get it towed back to a transmission place where they put in a new clutch. Found out the dealer didn't install it right and actually caused more damage. Also found out they bought the clutch from ebay for$130. The dealer gave me a reciept when I bought the car stating the clutch cost $600. This happend a year and a half ago. Can I still sue them and does it sound like I have a good case in consumer law and what would that law be exactly.

Asked on 5/28/13, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The problem you've got is proving what they told you in the absence of a written agreement of some kind. You can still sue them in small claims court, but if the window sticker on the car sais "as is-where is" you're more or less screwed.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 9:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now