Legal Question in Consumer Law in Iowa

I bought a used car that they said it had a brand new clutch. After a month the clutch went out. I towed the car to them and they said I broke it so they wouldn't fix it. I had to pay to get it towed back to a transmission place where they put in a new clutch. Found out the dealer didn't install it right and actually caused more damage. Also found out they bought the clutch from ebay for$130. The dealer gave me a reciept when I bought the car stating the clutch cost $600. This happend a year and a half ago. Can I still sue them and does it sound like I have a good case in consumer law and what would that law be exactly.

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

The problem you've got is proving what they told you in the absence of a written agreement of some kind. You can still sue them in small claims court, but if the window sticker on the car sais "as is-where is" you're more or less screwed.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Iowa

Consumer Law Legal Forms