Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I currently have a been charged with distribution of a controlled substance(Class C Felony) in the state of Iowa. I had brought my prescribed Oxycodone pills to school after about a week after a couple weeks after surgery and some friends asked they could have a pill so i gave them each 2 pills and was reported and got charged. My Juvenile court officer tells me either I can be adjudicated for this offense or I try my luck in Adult court. My question is that I was already in the process of joining the military and my recruiter told me that any felony no matter adjudicated or convicted will result in an automatic DQ so I am asking for advice on whether I should try my luck in adult court and find a lawyer and hopefully the judge will reduce the charge or dismiss it? because then I can join the military. Or should I just get adjudicated and forget about the miltary. I fully know the risk im taking if I take it to adult court but I just want some legal advice to make my decision.

Asked on 4/12/13, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What makes you think that the outcome in adult court would be any more favorable? If you have an attorney now is the time to talk to them. If not, best get one pronto. It's also a homily on trusting your 'friends'.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/13, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now