Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I have a court date June 25th for a disorderly conduct charge. I plan on pleading guilty, however I would like to get a deferred judgement. How to I do this? Also I am traveling to Canada for business July 8th. Will this conviction prevent me from being able to do so?

Asked on 6/19/13, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Todd Miler Miler Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

To get a deferred judgment, you need to be eligible for one, and you need to request it. The Judge is not required to grant it. There are several factors to consider. Regarding a trip to Canada, this can be a tricky proposition. You should consult with an attorney. Canada has an application process if this charge prevents you from entering the country.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 9:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now