Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I am facing federal revocatiuon for lying to my PO.. I have been on supervised release for 3.5 years out of a 5 year sentence. I did 27 months in federal camp for falsestatments to gov. agent and us porbation officer.. I had a job and lyed to her about not being at it anymore and lyed to them about work I had done and I didnt do it so I got paid for it.. when she asked me about how long I it had been since I worked I told her a few weeks.. when she asked me why i TOLD Aher because I wasnt feeling well and I had a funeral.. when really it was because I was let go.. so she told me I was in violation and she was going to reuwest a revocation and poiss. new charges but the program I was with doesnt want to pres charges for theft they said as far as they are concerned I owe nothing and the case is closed.. can she still request charges even if they dont want to file them? and do I have to go back to prison I have gotten counceling nmow and back in with my church and I have not violated in anyway up to nmow. I suffered abuse as a kid and learned how to lie because of it I was stressed and fell back into a situation I knew .. I thought I was dogin good but now I know when Im doing bad I need to ask for help. Ive written the past empolyer and apologized and offered to pay them back they said no need just get help so I am.. what are my chances of not going to prison I have kidsa dn a job now and a home..

Asked on 10/02/11, 10:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No way of telling, as I do not practice in the federal system.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/11, 1:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now