Iowa  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/30/13, 11:19 am

My monther-in-law died rather suddenly. She left behind a special needs daughter and a son (my husband) who is executor and guardian for his sister. She has a home and personal possessions worth about $120K. She also has investments worth $100K. The home/personal items fall under the will which stipulates a trust needs to be set up for the daughter. However, the investments have a beneficiary set up to split the money equally, with no trust specified. Can the money from the investments be put in a trust after the fact?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search