Legal Question in Workers Comp in Iowa

i was put at mmi with restrictios.i went to different places looking for jobs but was told while im on restrictions they wont hire me because i would be liability to them.all said come see me when you dont have any restrictions.what am i suppose to do? i want to work.what are my options? my old place of employment wont hire me back.i went to dfferent temp agentcies they said there employers want people with no restrictions.am i entitled to loss of earning capicity? ive only worked in manufactoring all my life with a good work history. never been out of work for more than few months. what are my options?

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

I don't know what your options are. Since this is a legal forum, I can tell you that nobody is obliged to hire anyone. Unfortunate but that's the way it is,

Stephen Lombardi Lombardi Law Firm

The answer to this question is multi-faceted and would require a lawyer to ask other questions and to review the doctor's report setting restrictions. It would also require the lawyer to understand more about the progress of any workers' compensation case you have filed or settled. The best advice I can give you is this: collect the medical reports, medical records and any settlement documents - then set up an appointment for them to be reviewed. I'm happy to discuss this with you, if you're in Iowa. You do need to have some attorney review the current status and to provide legal advice about how to get back to work. So if not me then someone. If I don't hear from you good luck.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Iowa

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms