Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Kansas

we are in chapter 13. Now my wife has lost her job. Is it possible to change to chapter 7

Adam Mack Mack & Associates LLC

Your question is an important one. As you already know, types of bankruptcies vary and they each offer different benefits. Of course your choice of the type of bankruptcy you use will be determined to some degree by what you financially qualify for. You are wise to consider your options given the new change in circumstances with your Wife's job. However, for me to give you a good answer I need to get a little more information. First, there may be an ethical issue for me to give you any advice if you are currently represented by another attorney. So please let me know whether you are or not. Second, when you say you "are in chapter 13" I would like some clarification on that. Specifically what stage are you in. Have you filed your bankruptcy petition? Have you had your 341 creditor hearing? What has happened so far? I look forward to your response.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Kansas

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms