Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kansas

My mother passed away July, 2007 and National Retirement Fund has just now started sending me notices that I owe them for money they put in her checking account to which I never had access to. They are threating to send it to their lawyers if I do not pay them. My question is can they make me pay this after 6 years?

Asked on 6/22/13, 8:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The facts you describe are bizarre. It us unclear why you personally owe them anything. If you never signed or otherwise agreed Ruth them before your mother passed, you probably owe them nothing. If they are saying that your mothers estate owes them, that is another thing. need to consult directly with a civil or probate practice attorney in your area. Take aLLC your relevant documents Witt you.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 8:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now