Kansas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/14/03, 1:33 pm

Child Custody

I have Joint custody of my daughter. The mother is Custodian. I have reasonable visitation in the decree.I have been wanting to get Full Custody for a time now. Things with the mother and her common law husband not going well. Common law was investigated by child services. Went to County Attorney she did not press charges, she sent letter reference his behavior. Child services did find him to have ''abused'' my daughter. daughters mom and Common law were just arrested and bonded for domestic against each other. My daughter was in school at time. I took this oppertunity to pick her up and am keeping her. Wanting to get at least temporary custody. Do I have to return her to mother until we get the orders? We are telling her she is ''Visiting'' ''reasonable visitation'' I am getting her to school, keeping her daily routines. The mothers, mother and common law husbands father both state their house is NOT fit for a child or humane. Disgusting living conditions.Animal fecies, holes in floor.etc. How can we go about using that to get temporary custody? can we? This is the third time Commonlaw has been arrested this year. Not for domestic, but driving infractions. They will be loosing house, can't pay bills etc. She is 7 years old.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search