Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas


My husband wants a divorce. He insistst that because he has made more money and paid more bills during our marriage, he is entitled to more rights. Especially when it comes to our house (both our names are on the title). Is this true? I'm also attending college and don't work. If I don't sign the divorce paper, will he still be financially responsible for me and our son? What are my rights?

Asked on 7/10/07, 5:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Grant Griffiths Grant Griffiths
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Divorce

You should not sign anything until you meet with an attorney. You have rights and your husband is trying to pressure you into doing something that could affect the rest of your life

Read more
Answered on 7/10/07, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now