Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kansas

Public Recreation Facilities

My friend was playing racquetball at a state university, when he dove for a ball and went through the back wall. The wall is made of three sections of glass. He cut his arm really bad and it caused him medical bills and missed several days of work. We are wondering who is legally responsible. The glass company says it only warranties the glass for ten years and it is approximately twenty years old. And from the way the glass broke, it doesn't appear to be safety glass. The glass company also told us that someone going through one of those panels is supposed to be impossible.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Public Recreation Facilities

You have not provided enough information to give a definitive answer now. There are several possible defendants (liable parties) both joint and severably liable. However, since you have already gotten the initial position of the glass company, you have already explored this issue somewhat, elsewhere. If you are represented by an attorney in this matter, Kansas law prevetns me from giving you counsel. If you are not represented, than I would be glad to look over the matter.

Good Luck,

Tony Smith

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kansas