Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

My father recently passed away during my childhood he never paid the child support due to me and now he has not mentioned me in the will can I do anything?

Asked on 7/12/10, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your mother may be able to make a claim against his estate for the unpaid child support. You may make a claim agaisnt the estate for your inheritance. You both shoudl go see aprobate attorney in yrou area soon. There is a limited time in which to bring such claims, and that time may have already elapsed.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/14/10, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now