Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

My sons father was a arrested for sexual assault not to long ago and has his trial in November. We have never had a custody agreement and he hasn't seen his son since 2008. I wanted to know since he is getting charged with a crime like that would it make it easy to get full sole custody of my son. His dad lives in a different state as us.

Asked on 9/27/13, 2:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are in KY, the fact that he has not seen his son since 2008 and is charged with sexual assault would be grounds to request sole custody. You should consult with an attorney in depth about this situation.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now