Legal Question in Business Law in Louisiana

I do therapy with autistic patients. Because I am a male, I am usually assigned to work with the aggressive patients, while most of the female employees get assigned the easier non-aggressive patients. Many of the females earn comparable pay to my own or considerably more. I requested to transfer to another location within the company, and they denied my request, saying that because I was a male, they needed me at this location to work with the more difficult patients. I am offended and shocked. Is this legal?

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

It is legal in my opinion, however, if I were you I would have a courteous meeting with the powers-that-be and present them with the facts. And I would tell them that everyone knows you get the physically challenging patients and if they would think about maybe a bump in salary to compensate you for the extra exertion. If they won't, then seek other employment........or if you are a member of a union or are a licensed professional, seek advice from the organization that licenses you.

More Business Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Business Law Legal Forms