Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Louisiana

I recently lived and worked in the state of Louisiana, and the employer that I worked for had two of my paychecks bounce and has yet the cover them. I have in writing the date that he said he was going to pay me the money he owed me. He has yet to do that. Because of the situation my bank account is overdrawn and it is affecting my credit. My question is; What legal steps do I need to follow?

Asked on 2/24/10, 10:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go to the local DA's office and see if they will help. Some will, most won't unless there is criminal intent. Otherwise, you need to sue him for your wages, penalties and attorneys fees. That part is easy, Collecting is the problem.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/10, 3:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now