Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/05/13, 3:35 pm

If I am in the military and my wife has children from a previous marriage, when we relocated from Washington state we did a relocation agreement with the non-custodial parent in order to move with the kids. We currently reside in a different state and am now pending orders to relocate over seas. Which state if any would we need to go through for permission to relocate the kids again Washington or Louisiana. Kids reside 11 months out of the year with us in Louisiana but original order is from Washington.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/06/13, 5:49 pm by Nick Pizzolatto, Jr.

You wish to adhere to a Washington judgment while in Louisiana. You should petition the court in Louisiana to make the Washington Judgment a Louisiana Judgment. Then follow the Judgment in the Louisiana Courts. Why not just contact the father and get his written permission? That would settle everything. If he objects, then do the Louisiana thing.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Pizzolatto Law Office 2771 Paul White Road Lake Charles, LA 70611

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search