Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

I have an outstanding bench warrant and charges of theft under $100, issuing false documents, 2nd deg assault and att theft $500 or more( my husband forged a check and i tried to cash it) it is my first offense, what are my chances of getting no record? I am trying to immigrate to the usa from canada

Asked on 4/17/13, 12:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ultimately then, you would either need to persuade the state not to prosecute you, or you would need a not guilty verdict. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 12:59 pm
Steven Scheinin Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your chances for success are much better with a criminal lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now