Maryland  |  Criminal Law

I have an outstanding bench warrant and charges of theft under $100, issuing false documents, 2nd deg assault and att theft $500 or more( my husband forged a check and i tried to cash it) it is my first offense, what are my chances of getting no record? I am trying to immigrate to the usa from canada

Answered on: 4/17/13, 12:59 pm by William Welch

Ultimately then, you would either need to persuade the state not to prosecute you, or you would need a not guilty verdict. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.

William L. Welch, III Attorney 111 South Calvert Street, Suite 2700 Baltimore, MD 21202

Answered on: 4/17/13, 3:46 pm by Steven Scheinin

Your chances for success are much better with a criminal lawyer.

Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer 305 W. Chesapeake Avenue Towson, MD 21204