Maryland  |  Discrimination Law

I am wondering if there is a case for discrimination, I just would like to receive some input on the matter.

I work for a transportation company. We work in pairs at this company. Over the last couple of months a coworker has been treated rather poorly by supervisory staff. The coworker was suspended for not being in a certain area during a holiday, even though the project they were being sent on could not be completed by that crew. The crew ended up being only a few minutes late for the project, that was not ready to be transported. The punishment ended up being temporary suspension, however only one crew member, female was suspended for the full duration of the sentence. The other crew member, male, was called back a few days late to continue working.

A month prior to that, the crew (both females) stopped to assist with a vehicle crash, as they are legally obligated to do, and were reprimanded severely. However a crew with the opposite gender performed the same action and were praised for their action.

This primary female crew member is only female vehicle operator and was denied a promotion after months of request, while others of male gender, with less seniority received promotions in lieu of her.

Does any of this count towards discrimination? What can be done?