Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/05/08, 6:56 pm

Changing 1 year old's last name?

My daughter was born in Baltimore City, MD,but we now reside in VA. Would i file here or where she was born? Also,would I need consent to her father even though he never signed the birth certificate, doesn't claim her nor has spent any money on her?If someone could tell me which state to file,and which forms to fill out that would behelpful. I am also going to try and get the fee waivered being as though I am pretty broke.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search