Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

child custory

if i get jouint coustory can i leave the state with them

Asked on 6/05/08, 1:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: child custory

If you have joint residential/physical custody, you obviously must live close enough to the other parent to make it feasible. If you have sole residential custody but joint legal custody, that gives the noncustodial parent the right to participate in significant decisions affecting the child. This would probably include where the child lives. So if the other parent objects, you will probably need to seek court authority for a relocations of any significant distance.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/08, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now