Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

need help with child support case

how do i file for a modification in child support . i have a form here that says motion for stay of service. my x has been lyingto the state for years and as a result i am far in arrears . she moved 8 hours away and i havent seen or talk to my kids in almost 3 years . i wasnt aware it would fall back on me if she recieved beneifits from the state and it had been accumulating on me since 1994 . i need help

Thomas Brown Law Office of Thomas K. Brown, LLC

Re: need help with child support case

You want to file a Motion to Modify Child Support, along with some other supplement forms the court requires (the Domestic Case Information Report and your Financial Statement). If you want to file this yourself, the MD courts provide step-by-step guides and fillable forms here: http://www.courts.state.md.us/family/forms/childsupport.html

Your local bar association or county court may provide a "pro se" project to aid individuals in handling matters themselves.

Re: need help with child support case

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland