Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/12/11, 9:47 am

I have been divorced one year, have full physical custody of my 16 year old twin sons who have severe autism. I divorced my ex because he is an alcoholic and became abusive to twins and myself. he has saturday "daytime" visits, which he just started to consistently take, he also misses many visits, but lately one twin told me his father hit him and they repeat (echolalia) "bash your fucking head in" "idiot" "kill mommyu" daddy's gonna kill you" and such phrases, they are both very anxiious after their visits with him. I have tried to get child protective services involved but they won't do anything since there are no visible injuries to the children!! The phrases worry me because he has threatened many times to kill them and to kill me. I am keeping them away from him, is this legal? Can I get into trouble? I want to protect my disabled children, they don't have a voice!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search