Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My husband and I are live in Maryland.

My husband has a 20 years old son who lives in PA with his mom.

He still goes to high school and told us he is going to graduate next year.

He will be 21 years old this October.

Does my husband have to keep paying child support to him until he finishes his high school or until October?

Thank you so much for your help.

Asked on 6/19/13, 3:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Under MD law, child support is no longer payable once the child turns 19 even if still in high school (or earlier if he's already graduated). If your husband's order emanates from PA, their law would govern this. He should check the language of the child support order and if it's not spelled out in there, consult a PA attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 7:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now