Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I currently live with my 2 boys father we are not married and he is on birth certificate, he is going to be moving out, what happens if I let him have children for a day and he does not bring them this point I do not trust him, I'm scared he will try to take them. Thank You

Asked on 6/27/13, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since you don't have a child custody court order (I assume), he could legally do this. This usually happens because the father is afraid of getting hit for child support. You need to consult an experienced family law attorney to prepare a custody and support agreement which will also provide for visitation privileges for the father. If he's not willing to agree to that, you better get a court order. If expenses are an issue, check with your county bar association about pro bono (free) and reduced fee attorneys for whom you may qualify.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now