Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

What would be the likely possibility of getting alimony, child support, and home if I divorce my husband, on the grounds of adultry and mental cruelty?

Asked on 8/31/12, 7:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Child support--virtually automatic. Alimony depends on a number of factors including length of the marriage, ability of the receiving spouse to be self-supporting, ability of the paying spouse to pay, etc. The home also depends on when it was acquired, the financial history, and other factors. If you are the custodial parent you can be awarded exclusive possession for up to 3 years after the divorce. Generally it would then have to be sold or refinanced if you wanted to stay there. You should consult with an experienced family attorney who can better advise you after you provide him/her with the specifics of your situation.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/12, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now