Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

if a request for an order of default is denied due to a writ of summons not being filed with it in a custody case, what do I do now?

Asked on 8/05/13, 4:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You just have file a second motion for default with the proper paperwork.

Obtain the court rules (MD District, MD Circuit, or MD Federal) and follow them to the letter.

Judges are very careful in granting defaults. So, you have to follow the steps exactly.

Also licensed and practicing in Maryland.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now