Maryland  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/12, 1:23 pm

The American Medical Management refused to give me copies of billings that related to a doctor office, who do I complain too?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/27/12, 9:05 am by Cedulie Laumann

If the company you referenced was acting as a bill collector, they must follow the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and generally must get information if you dispute the underlying debt. Violations of the Act (when they exist) can be dealt with by either filing a private lawsuit or by contacting the Consumer Protection division of the Attorney General's office.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Arden Law Firm 1028 Generals Hwy Crownsville, MD 21032

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search