Maryland  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/10/12, 1:14 pm

My neighbors gutters and downspouts are in disrepair. Everytime it thunderstorms water flows dowm the brick front and back of the rowhouse pooling about 8" at his foundation. My rowhouse attached to his sits 18" lower and all that water comes in my basement. He has been made aware of the problem and refuses to fix his gutters. What can I do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/10/12, 1:59 pm by Robert Sher

You can take him to court filing what is known as a nuisance action. You could seek damages pertaining to your basement repair, and also ask for equitable relief requiring your neighbor to repair his gutters. You will need a gutter guy as an expert witness to explain how the problem is occurring. Consult an attorney experienced in these kinds of cases.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search