Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

can i petition for my biological mother? after i was adopted by my aunt (my biological mother's sister), i was left to my biological family's care til i came to USA thru employment. I acquired my citizenship thru my employment.

Asked on 10/10/12, 12:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That will depend upon the terms of your adoption. It may be possible, as you have not used the adoption to obtain immigration benefits. But if the adoption is such that the immigration service will recognize it, then you would not be able to do so. You will need to have an attorney review the adoption terms.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/12, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now