Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

I have not renewed my greencard

I have a greencard which was issued in 1996 i have not renewed my greencard can i still travel on that greencard

Asked on 11/24/05, 7:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vincent Martin Hellmuth & Johnson PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: I have not renewed my greencard

Your green card is evidence of your permanent resident status - it does not bestow status; as such, even if it is expired, you remain a permanent resident. Therefore, although you will be admitted into the U.S. with an expired green card, it will most likely result in unnecessary complications. You should renew your card.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/05, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now