Legal Question in Employment Law in Maryland

I received educational assistance from Walgreens during pharmacy school. In 2007 I received $6500 and committed to work for 4 years after graduation. Upon graduation (2010) I applied for full-time employment with Walgreens, but I was not hired. Now 3 years later, I received a letter informing me I must pay pack the $6500 within 30 days. Do I have any grounds for contesting this demand?

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Your question is basically a contract question and will depend in great part on the specific wording of your tuition agreement. In some cases, a demand made years later will be unenforceable due to the passage of time, though in some situations (such as with contracts under seal) this can be extended for longer than 3 years. It is difficult to analyze without knowing the full situation and reviewing the documents.

While I hope the general legal information above helps, it does not substitute for getting legal advice on the specifics of your situation.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Maryland

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms