Legal Question in Social Security Law in Maryland

Child Support taken from Disability Eligibility in College

Dear Sir or Madam:

My wife's parents are divorced and her father was disabled. Her mother was receiving child support money every month as a result of the father's disability claim with social security. Should Social Security have continued to supply the child support benefits from her father's disability while my wife was in college, or should they have stopped when she graduated high school?

Thank you very much.

Asked on 8/28/06, 11:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randall Selagy F. Randall Selagy, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Support taken from Disability Eligibility in College

In most cases, under the current law, a child's auxiliary benefit terminates after age 18/high school.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/06, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now