Legal Question in Traffic Law in Maryland

What is a "discretionary release advisement traffic offenses"? ... and what should I do if I just got one?! ...

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

You may pay the fine and, depending upon the infraction, sustain points upon your driving record. You are NOT required to appear but will be found guilty if you do not appear. This is a result of Maryland having changed the MVA code in 2011. Contact me should for representation.

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

It probably means you're charged with a jailable traffic offense, but the officer chose to release you instead of booking you. You may be charged with a DUI, Driving Suspended or any other traffic offense. You should immediately contact a lawyer.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Maryland