Legal Question in Traffic Law in Maryland

I recently got pulled over for driving under a suspended license but however my license suspension was only 30 days period, and it ended 3 weeks ago before i got pulled over, but I just didn't get my license yet because i've been busy. So the officer gave me a citation with 4 reasons, 1: failure to show driver's license, 2: driving under a suspended license, and the other two are pretty much the same. I just want know what's the worse thing can happen to me. I have prove that my suspension was only 30 days and 30 days had already past before i got pulled over. I'm really worrying right now. I live in Maryland and currently holding a provisonal license.

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

We have a lawyer in the office with several cases, now, that are very similar to yours. You have deadlines to request a trial, and you also need a lawyer to look at your citation to determine if you have any jailable offenses (one of our clients plea bargained a driving while suspended to include a few weekends in the County lock up). Your disposition will depend on your driving record and circumstances. Don't wait!

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

This sounds like we may be able to get it dropped. I'd go to the State's attorney and show them how the suspension would have been over. Often times they're stupid and don't understand how the MVA works and we can sort of trick them. Call me anytime for a more detailed free consult.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Maryland