Massachusetts  |  Consumer Law

Massachusetts Consumer Law

I am from Massachusetts and have a question regarding consumer protection. I live in an apartment house where every year the management company hires a company to wash the windows of the building. The management also sends a notice to all residents stating that ALL windows must be removed in order for the windows to be washed - if not the windows will not be cleaned and an approtunity to do so will not arise until next year. The management also offers a service to remove the screens at $15/window.

I called the window washing company to inquire wheter the screens truly need to be removed. The washing company said if your screens are slidable (which mine are) they will slide the screen over (at no extra charge)and clean the window. I have brought this to the attention of the management but have gotten the run around.

My question is, since the way the service is being offered is misleading and deceptive, is it illegal. Would this be actionable under 93A ch 2?