Legal Question in Criminal Law in Massachusetts

I lied to get a temporary restraining order on my fiance because I thought he was cheating on me and I wanted to hurt him. I didn't go thru with the order and at court I tried my hardest to get this thing dropped by telling the victim witness advocate that I lied. No one believed me and they charged him wig assault and now he has to go to court. He is just off parole and is still on probation for a misdemeanor charge that he was incarcerated 4.5 years for. I'm afraid no matter what I say he will go back to jail because of what I've done. Should I hire a lawyer?

Asked on 7/08/13, 4:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should consult a lawyer as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 4:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now