Massachusetts  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/02/13, 5:21 pm

My daughters paternal grandmother hasn't been involved very much most of her life its pretty much been me making the effort for her to have a relationship with my daughter. I'm tired of it and put my foot down. I haven't said the grandmother can't see her but I'm not going to be the one to take initiative. The grandmother and I got into a spat about the situation and my question is. .what right does she have in MA? I've read that to take me to court for visitation she needs to prove she's been involved and that it would be harmful if she wasn't.'d quite the opposite on both.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/03/13, 6:30 am by Alan Pransky

If she has had minimal involvelment with the child then it is unlikely that a Judge will give her any visitation rights. On the other hand, a Judge could feel sorry for her and grant her some rights even if the law does not support this result.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Alan J. Pransky 20 Eastbrook Road Dedham, MA 02026-2075

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search