Michigan  |  Discrimination Law

Defamation of Character

Our boss has to evaluate

each employee on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) in 4 catagories: task/reliability/guest service/Initiative

My scores were T- 3, R- 4, I- 2, GS- 2. This is not true my evaluations in the past are all good. I'm sure I was not suppose to this it was left on the boss's desk and I happen to see it. This information is something forwarded to our corporate offices therefore, Our DM and HR probably think I am a piece of crap. The reason for this evaluation is to further cut 10% of the staff by lowest score. This is to take place in Feb. Also, with this company you are invested in their profit sharing after 5 years of employment. I will have 5 years mid-summer 2004. I feel horrible this is not true... I can't confront him because I will probably get in trouble for reading material on his desk. This boss has been with us 2 years. My reviews with him have been at least meets expectations or above. He has never written me up for bad performance. He gets great feed bad on guest service. I will probably be let go in Feb.

He has even told me on several occasions things I have done look great, and that I am the most knowlegable associate he has.