Michigan  |  DUI Law

DUI, Grand theft auto, auto accident

How much trouble am I in? I was drinking and took my girlfriend's car Friday night. I hit a snowbank and damaged her car. I returned her car the next day. She made a police report. I willingly went to the police station where I was interrogated. I admitted I was drinking and driving, also to smoking pot. I also admitted to taking my girlfriend's car and getting into the accident. The police considered that ''leaving the scene of an accident''. I signed my written statement. They have about 5 charges against me. Stealing the car, drinking and driving, driving under the influence of drugs, leaving the scene, taking the keys, and driving on a suspended license. I have an impending court date. I can not afford an attorney. Should I stand mute and request a trial by jury and get a court appointed attorney. Also, could I get jail time?

Also, they did not do a breathalyzer, can they charge me with a DUI?