Michigan  |  Family Law

I need to get custody of my children, and I am having trouble doing so considering my past. I was incarcerated for 5 years for Statutory Rape almost 9 years ago. The mother of my children dropped my 3 children off to me 2 months ago and has yet to offer me any help in supporting them. She does not want them, and the only reason why she wont just give up custody is because she cant afford to loose my daughters social security check every month or any of her other benefits. she also enjoys having control over me and my kids and what we do

Answered on: 6/20/13, 11:18 am by William Stern

While you can petition the court for a change of custody, if the court finds that neither parent is a good custodian, you could wind up with your kids in the foster system. Sometimes there is no good answer when both parents have issues.

William Stern, P.C. 24750 Lahser Road Southfield, MI 48033

Answered on: 6/20/13, 2:21 pm by Charles Kronzek

You should immediately meet with an experienced family law specialist to determine your next step. You may well be able to get custody. You can read more at: www.MidMichiganDivorce.com

Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C. Main office - 420 S. Waverly Road Suite 100 Lansing, MI 48917