Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

limited guardianshipmy twins are 17 and will be 18

my twins are 17 and will be 18 this sept. my sister has limited guardianship and my twins want to come home with me however my sister is telling them that if they run away to my house she can and will have them locked up and i can get in trouble for kiddingnapping. they are educatable slightly impaired and she is getting ssi for both of them however they never see any of this money at all is it true what she is telling them or not? i never lost custody of them i still have full custody its just she has limited guardianship.they are scared to death now to come home because of her telling them this so can you offer any answers? thank you.

Asked on 1/23/05, 11:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: limited guardianshipmy twins are 17 and will be 18

It sounds like she has the court order and you do not. She can get the police involved and have them returned if they go to your place. Even if they turn 18, if they are impaired they still may have her as a guardian. Since you allowed this to go on for so long, you will have difficulty having the guardianship transferred to you. If you want to pursue this route, you will definitely need a good lawyer. William S. Stern 248-353-9400

Read more
Answered on 1/23/05, 5:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now