Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I have sole physical custody and joint legal custody of my kids. My Divorce states that neither the children nor the domicile of the children shall be removed more than 100 miles from the children's legal residence except in compliance with Secion 11 of the "Child Custody Act of 1970." I read Section 11 and it does not pertain to vacations. I want to take them out of state for a vacation. Do I need their Dad's approval to do so?

Thomas Loeb Law Offices of Thomas M. Loeb

No, you do not need your ex-husband's approval. You are not changing your residence; you are only taking a vacation, right?

Just be sure to let him know where his children will be, and you should have no problem.

-Tom

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan