Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My wife and I are divorcing. She currently has a new boyfriend who I did a background check on. To my surprise he has 14 crimes against him ranging from distribution of drugs, operating a drug house, domestic violence, assault with a weapon. She in my "non medical" opinion has a pain killer problem. Can I get a restraining order to prevent her from bringing them around my children. These charges were sometime in 2005. She constantly brings them there as well as overnight occasionally. I am very uncomfortable with this. What are my chances of obtaining one? Thank you xxx

Asked on 8/11/11, 11:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You probably would have a very good chance of limiting visitation or giving her custody based upon the facts you set forth. As a practical matter, most of the time, once things like this are raised the other side comes up with facts to tarnish the other side. It turns into a mud throwing event. You need to hire a good, experienced and aggressive attorney to deal with these issues. These types of cases take lots of time so don't expect an inexpensive fee. It is a price to be paid for bad decisions being made for many years.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/11, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now